These Veggie Lasagna Cupcakes are a fun, bite-sized way to enjoy a traditional family favourite. Made with roasted potato and zucchini to replace the wheat pasta and a delicious, creamy cashew cheese to replace the regular dairy cheese, these cupcakes are free of pathogen-feeding foods. This is a great recipe to make with your family or to serve up to guests at your next gathering.
Zucchini is rich in poly-phenolic antioxidants which are essential in helping to protect the body from aging, illness, and disease. Zucchini is also a good source of potassium, which is an important intra-cellular electrolyte that helps to maintain fluid balance and normalize blood pressure and is vital in helping to prevent heart attacks and stroke.
Potatoes contain an antioxidant called quercetin, which has anti-cancer and cardio-protective properties as well as a storage protein called patatin, which has been shown to exhibit activity against disease causing free radicals.
Veggie Lasagna Cupcakes
1 cup cashews
½ cup water
½ lemon, juiced
1 tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp sea salt
½ medjool date
2 cups halved grape tomatoes
2 tsp maple syrup
¼ tsp sea salt
2 tsp olive oil
4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
1 large zucchini
4 small Yukon gold potatoes, peeled
1. Make the cashew cheese by blending all the ingredients together in a high-speed blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.
2. Place the grape tomatoes and unpeeled garlic cloves on a baking tray and roast at 400F for 15 minutes. Please the roasted tomatoes, garlic and other tomato sauce ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
3. Cut the zucchini and peeled potatoes into rounds.
4. Line a cupcake baking tray with cupcake case liners. Please a potato round at the bottom of each cupcake liner. Please a spoonful of tomato sauce on top of the potato round. Please a zucchini round on top of the tomato sauce and then a small spoonful of cashew cheese on top of the zucchini. Then add a potato round, another spoon of tomato sauce, another zucchini round, and a final spoon of cashew cheese.
5. Place the cupcakes in the oven at 400F for 30 minutes until golden on top. Serve and enjoy!
To find out more of the undiscovered healing properties of dozens of foods, check out the #1 NY Times Best-selling book, Life-Changing Foods.
This item posted: 28-Jan-2019
Anthony William, Inc. - Disclaimer for Medical Medium Blog
This blog, its content and any linked material are presented for informational purposes only and are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, treatment, or prescribing. Nothing contained in or accessible from this blog should be considered to be medical advice, diagnosis, treatment, or prescribing, or a promise of benefits, claim of cure, legal warranty, or guarantee of results to be achieved. Never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read in this blog or in any linked material. Neither Anthony William nor Anthony William, Inc. is a medical doctor or other licensed healthcare practitioner or provider. Consult with a licensed healthcare professional before altering or discontinuing any current medications, treatment or care, or starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, or if you have or suspect you might have a health condition that requires medical attention. The United States Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated any statement, claim, or representation made in or accessible from this blog or any linked material. The content of this blog and any linked material does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Anthony William, Inc. or the principal author and is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up-to-date. This article may contain links to other resources on the Internet. These links are provided as citations and aids to help you identify and locate other Internet resources that may be of interest, and are not intended to state or imply that Anthony William, Inc. or the principal author recommends, endorses, supports, sponsors, or is in any way affiliated or associated with any person or entity associated with the linked material, or is legally authorized to use any trade name, registered trademark, logo, legal or official seal, or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the linked material. If you would like to communicate with us, please visit our website at http://www.medicalmedium.com
Copyright© 2017 Anthony William, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Thanks for printing this post. For more, visit www.medicalmedium.com