Over 95 percent of today’s thyroid disorders, including Hashimoto’s, stem from a viral infection. (The other 5 percent come from radiation.) That virus is Epstein-Barr (EBV).
After a long incubation period—typically in the liver—EBV begins its journey to the thyroid, and then enters into the tissue there. Over time, the viral load will weaken the thyroid, making it less effective at producing the hormones the body relies upon. As time passes, in many people the EBV will also slowly inflame the thyroid, leading from a case of hypothyroidism to a case of Hashimoto’s thyroiditis. This is not your body betraying you. Rather, your immune system is going after a real intruder and working hard to protect you.
Medical communities believe Hashimoto’s is the result of the immune system somehow going haywire, mistaking thyroid cells for invaders, and declaring war on them. That’s not correct. The body does not attack itself. Our immune systems do not become confused and go after our own organs. This is as true for the thyroid as it is for any other gland or organ. The mistaken theory of autoimmune disease is merely a blame game. It points a finger of fault at the patient’s own body to distract from the truth that medical research has not yet scratched the surface of what causes thyroid conditions.
Fuels for the EBV behind thyroid issues can range from mercury to unproductive hormones to residue from troublemaker foods such as eggs.
Find out how to heal in the New York Times best-selling book, including foods to eat, foods to avoid, supplements with dosages, and delicious healing recipes in Cleanse To Heal.
This item posted: 18-Apr-2022
Anthony William, Inc. - Disclaimer for Medical Medium Blog
This blog, its content and any linked material are presented for informational purposes only and are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, treatment, or prescribing. Nothing contained in or accessible from this blog should be considered to be medical advice, diagnosis, treatment, or prescribing, or a promise of benefits, claim of cure, legal warranty, or guarantee of results to be achieved. Never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read in this blog or in any linked material. Neither Anthony William nor Anthony William, Inc. is a medical doctor or other licensed healthcare practitioner or provider. Consult with a licensed healthcare professional before altering or discontinuing any current medications, treatment or care, or starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, or if you have or suspect you might have a health condition that requires medical attention. The United States Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated any statement, claim, or representation made in or accessible from this blog or any linked material. The content of this blog and any linked material does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Anthony William, Inc. or the principal author and is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up-to-date. This article may contain links to other resources on the Internet. These links are provided as citations and aids to help you identify and locate other Internet resources that may be of interest, and are not intended to state or imply that Anthony William, Inc. or the principal author recommends, endorses, supports, sponsors, or is in any way affiliated or associated with any person or entity associated with the linked material, or is legally authorized to use any trade name, registered trademark, logo, legal or official seal, or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the linked material. If you would like to communicate with us, please visit online. medicalmedium.com
Copyright© 2022 Anthony William, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Thanks for printing this post. For more, visit www.medicalmedium.com